If you have a friend or loved one in a Texas prison, there may be a way to help lessen the amount of time they have to compete incarcerated.
Generally, there are only two avenues of legal assistance for an individual once all appeal avenues have been exhausted. One is an application for writ of habeas corpus. The other is through parole.
Texas Parole Package
The Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles consists of 18 members from around the State of Texas. When an inmate up for consideration for parole, this Board will obtain the file and send it to one of the three-member parole panels that cover the specific unit. The Board members will consider the file and vote whether to allow parole for the individual when eligible.
Therefore, to give yourself the best change to obtain parole it is necessary to attempt to persuade at least two Board members that the inmate will not likely commit another crime and will abide by conditions set forth for parole. The Law Offices of Carl David Ceder, PLLC will prepare comprehensive parole packages for those who need assistance with a parole. We will prepare an informative package which will be placed in the client's parole file. When the day for parole consideration arrives, the Parole Board members will review the package.
Our office will attempt to contact by phone or in person the first voting Board member. We will attempt to provide as much positive information as possible to encourage the Board members to vote for parole. It is essential to try and convince the Board that the inmate will not going to harm anyone if released. They will want to show that the inmate will be able to obtain employment, be responsible, and will remain away from all drugs and alcohol.
While it is not possible to obtain parole in every case, if the elements above are successfully conveyed the chances increase exponentially. It is always helpful to gather as much pertinent information as possible, including a biographical summary for the Board to consider, emphasizing the inmate's positive accomplishments and characteristics.
To prepare a successful parole package, the individual or their family should obtain and be ready to gather the following items:
• Copies of any letters sent to the Parole Board;
• Copies of any letters others have sent;
• A list of the names and addresses and phone numbers of past co-workers and employers;
• A list of the names and addresses and phone numbers of friends and family;
• Family photographs of marriage, celebrations, children, homes, etc.;
• Photographs of children;
• Copy of the inmate's court file if you have it, including of possible the judgement of conviction; presentence investigation report; offense reports; indictment;
• Scrapbook containing any past accomplishments;
• A careful and accurate list of all of prior offenses.
• Certificates of education or achievement;
• Certificates or documents showing attendance or completion of alcohol and drug treatment;
• The names and addresses and phone numbers of all schools attended previously before incarceration;
• The names and addresses and phone numbers of all hospitals and doctors which have treated the client;
• A printout of any "TDC" reports showing parole eligibility dates; and
• Any documents received from the Parole Board.
If you would like more information, please contact The Law Offices of Carl David Ceder, PLLC, for assistance at 214.702.CARL (2275). We will provide thorough, competent, and diligent representation to those seeking a package to give you or your loved one the best possible chance to obtain parole.