If you or a loved one is facing a situation in Dallas County and/or Collin County where you have been told by someone that you need to obtain a Writ Bond to obtain a jail release, please call The Law Offices of Carl David Ceder, PLLC, at 214.702.CARL (2275)now. Carl can help file for an Attorney Writ Bond if the arrested person is in jail in McKinney, Plano, Frisco, Wylie, and anywhere in Collin County. Carl can help file a Lawyer Writ Bond on a Dallas County charge if you or your loved one is currently incarcerated in a jail located in Irving, Richardson, Coppell, Addison, University Park, Highland Park, Garland, Mesquite, Balch Springs,or Desoto.
Collin County and Dallas County Attorney Writ Bonds
If someone at the jail or bonding desk in Collin County or Dallas County, Texas told you needed to obtain a Writ Bond for a jail release, an attorney can help greatly speed this process up. Please call The Law Offices of Carl David Ceder, PLLC, at 214.702.CARL (2275) now for assistance 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
Whenever someone is arrested, regardless of the County, they have to see a magistrate judge where a bond amount is set. This amount usually varies given a variety of factors, such as what the charge is and where the person lives. Sometimes this process can take a prolonged period of time, especially on holidays, nights, and weekends. Once the person does see a magistrate judge, they will notify the accused the nature of the charge and set a bond amount.
A person can hire an attorney to file a Writ Bond to speed this process up in Collin County or Dallas County if the circumstances permit. The Writ Bond process can begin once the arrested party is booked in and fingerprinted. Filing the Lawyer Writ Bond can help speed the process up so the person does not have to wait to see a magistrate judge. Sometimes these magistrate judges work very sparingly, depending upon the city and county jail location. A Writ Bond sets a bond amount according to a set county fee schedule and the bond is effectively set. The arrested person can then post that bond amount to facilitate the jail release process.
A Writ Bond can only be used in limited circumstances and only in certain criminal cases. It cannot be used for felony cases, Class C traffic violations, or in assault family violence cases. It can only be used for misdemeanors, such as DWI and theft charges. However, even if a Collin County or Dallas County Writ Bond is not filed, The Law Offices of Carl David Ceder, PLLC, can still possibly help with the jail release.
There are a couple of steps involved in obtaining a Writ Bond in either Dallas County or Collin County.
1. Please call Carl at 214.702.CARL (2275) so he can help determine whether you or your loved one is eligible;
2. If the person is eligible, he will come to the jail and explain your options;
3. If the person is incarcerated in another jail not in McKinney (Plano, Frisco, and other Collin County jails), then a bond form will have to be signed and witnessed by a jailer at that jail. The bond form will then be taken to McKinney to the bonding desk for processing. An Attorney Writ Bond can only be filed in Dallas County if the arrested person is NOT in the Lew Sterret jail. A magistrate judge should be working 24 hours a day/7 days a week there. In Dallas County, a Writ Bond can be filed if the person is in jail in Desoto, Irving, Balch Springs, Garland, Mesquite, Addison, Richardson, or Coppell;
4. Carl will file the Attorney Writ Bond;
5. The person can then either post a Cash Bond or a Surety Bond after the Writ Bond is filed;
6. After the Writ is filed and bond posted, Carl will explain generally what the process is going forward and helpful advice as to how to proceed.
Please call The Law Offices of Carl David Ceder, PLLC, at 214.702.CARL (2275) if you have been told you need a Collin County or Dallas County Writ Bond to help you or your loved one get out of jail. Carl will work as quickly to help faciliate the fastest jail release possible.
The Law Offices of Carl David Ceder, PLLC, is a full-service criminal defense law firm. Carl David Ceder is an experienced Jail Release Attorney who practices all over Texas, including everywhere in Collin County and Dallas County: